Friday, January 14, 2011

Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious

So a few days ago I was selected by one of my peers out there in the blogosphere for an award:


So thanks so much to a fellow Texan living abroad, TexaGermaNadian!

Now upon accepting this award, I have agreed to a few stipulations:
    1.    Thank and link back the person that awarded it to you (Check!)
    2.    Share 7 things about yourself (Easy enough.)
    3.    Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great Bloggers (15! We'll see.)
    4.    Contact those Bloggers and tell them about their blog award (On it.)

So now a bit about myself. Most of you already know a lot about me. Some of this will be repeat information. Some of it will be really random stuff.
*I knew that I wanted to be a journalist since I was 10. I wavered a couple of times though. I briefly considered the option of being a social psychologist, strictly because I wanted to work in the CIA. I think I may have even made that job position up.

*My favorite movies are The Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, and Bridget Jones' Diary. **Side note: My 5th grade teacher taught our class to spell supercalifragilisticexpealidocious. I love that word.

*Despite my movie choices, I'm really not a super girly-girl. I have my girly moments and I do like to put on makeup and look nice when I go out, but sometimes I'm not very girly at all.

*I love sports. I love all kinds of sports. Football is, of course, my number one. I mean, I grew up in Texas. No matter what continent I'm on or what time it is, I go out of my way to watch football (especially University of Texas football, no matter the fact that I nearly died watching last season).

*I crochet. When I was in high school I crocheted a baby blanket. I never really knew who it was for, but one of my friends had a baby so I gave it to her. I recently took it back up (just before Christmas) and I'm working on a blanket for myself as well as some hats and scarves and such. I'm keeping it to simple projects for now

*I have two tattoos. The first was probably one of the dumbest things I ever did but at the same time I really like it. I guess it's a little ironic now. The second I really love. I think it's gorgeous and I don't for a minute regret getting it.

*I love the smell of the air that comes out of dryer vents. I know that's random but when I walk past dryer vents outside, I love the smell of the detergent and fabric softeners.

Ok, now that part 2 is complete, it's time to award some other bloggers. I want this award to mean something, so I will tell you about a few of my favorite bloggers because I think they really deserve it. (I tried to nominate folks who hadn't already received the award as far as I know.)

1. Under Sundog - I discovered this blogger while I was in Taiwan (and so was she). Now she's living in Shanghai and always telling about her fabulous life in the Far East.

2. Thrifty Quilter - So maybe I'm a little biased given she's on of my best friends and I lived with her for two years, but Meghan has done some really awesome projects and I love her tutorials and photos. I get envious seeing the things she's made (which is why I started crocheting again...)

3. The Grand Scheme - Eileen Flynn taught my Journalism and Religion class and it was great. While she no longer works as a religion reporter for the Austin American-Statesman, she still asks the hard questions and writes about tough situations having to do with religion (and sometimes religion and politics) on her blog. 

4. Smitten Kitchen - Anyone who loves food has probably found this blog. I've been following her for about five or six years now and I love nearly everything she makes. She has helped me become a better cook and even inspired me to take my own risks in the kitchen and to simply try new foods. If it weren't for her, I probably would never have eaten a brussel sprout.

5. Sex and the Shitty - I feel no guilt or shame about getting excited every time one of the writers over at this blog posts. There are men and women in their 20s writing about all aspects of sex, love and relationships. It's clever and hilarious.

5 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie, the Wizard of Oz creeps me out! I kinda regret my tattoo as well, although its not bad or anything, I was just 17 and ridic. And I too love the smell of the air coming from dryer vents. Man, we are weird in common, haha, if that even makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We might be BFF's once I get to Praha. I'm a die-hard football fan (both college and pro) and it's all I watch on Saturdays and Sundays!

    And even though I didn't go to Texas, I love the Longhorns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that you love the smell of air out of the dryer vents is very random! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TexaGermaNadian: That totally makes sense. I'm glad we're weird similar. We're probably going to have to find out what other strange things we have in common.

    @KT: I can't wait 'til you get to Prague. It's going to be great to finally have another football fan around. In the fall I was dragging my girlfriends with me and they were pleading not to go.

    @Jet-Setting Divas: You know you love it too.

    @Elle: No you do. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Have any thoughts on this post? Let me hear it!