Friday night I made tacos with my roommate (best idea ever) and then we went to this brewery/restaurant for drinks with a couple of her friends. Her friend promised it's the best beer in Prague.
This place has beer hand-crafted by monks and it's heavenly. (You know you laughed.)
They have an amber, a dark, and an IPA all the time and then they have a few seasonals. I'm not too crazy about the one they have now which has a sort of banana-y taste. (Little-known fact: I'm not really a fan of banana-flavored things and don't really like actual bananas that much either, though with a few exceptions.)
I'm pretty excited though because they have a new beer coming out for Shrovetide (FAT TUESDAY!) and that's also around the time that Czech Carnival starts.
I think monk beer might be a new regular occurrence in my life.
Saturday I started decorating my room and trying to reorganize it because, although I only unpacked a few days ago, it's crazy up in here. I have way too many papers and seriously no room to put anything. I'm hoping my landlord will decide that giving me a bookshelf is totally a great idea because that would make a world of difference.
Until then, here's a list of pros and cons about unpacking that I started putting together the other day.
Things that are great about unpacking:
- I was freaking ecstatic when I found a box of Kraft Mac n Cheese. I could eat for three days off of that stuff.
- Finding all the stuff that my friends sent me or that reminds me of my friends since I left.
- Planning in my head all the stuff I'm going to put on my walls once I buy some sticky tac and tape. (Concrete walls... good times) (I now have sticky tac, tape and stuff on my walls.)
- The relief that comes with knowing I have enough contact solution, lotion, vitamins, deodorant, and bandages to last me through the soonest apocalypse. I could open a drug store and charge a fortune for this stuff.
Things that suck about unpacking:
- I realized I have far too many shoes, especially for a girl who tends to move every year (and pack up her crap for 6 months... Poor shoes.)
- I also have far too many books for any person who moves to a different continent every year.
- Finding all the dresses I can't wear for at least three months.
- Realizing I don't have nearly enough room for all this crap and I should've left it in the boxes until I remedied that situation.
But I should be lesson planning for new classes. Check out the week I have ahead.
This is honestly tame. I'm getting two more 7:30a.m. classes in two weeks plus an intensive course with Czech Airlines in the middle of the day as well as a couple more classes on Thursday afternoon. Good times.