Monday, January 10, 2011

Karaoke Blog Ring of Death

So my dad has really gotten into vlogging and watching vlogs and keeps telling me that I should have a vlog. I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I wasn't one of those little girls itching to get on TV. 

Sure, I like attention as much as the next girl, but when I get in front of a lot of people (or what would potentially be lots of people via the internets) I get flustered. *Wait, why am I a teacher?* 

The written word affords me the ability to censor myself think through what I'm going to say before I say it (though apparently not always to edit myself but that's another story). 

Anyway, I essentially caved. 


I have willingly subjected myself to what will inevitably be utter embarrassment by joining the Karaoke Blog Ring of Death. It's basically a group of 20-something bloggers who make videos of themselves singing/dancing/acting like we do when people can't see us to whatever song each has selected to go with the theme of the month. (And it will likely keep all of us from ever leading productive political careers.)

This month's theme: Songs with the word "Fuck." (Don't tell me grandmother, please.)

We then post our videos to YouTube and swap links so that our blogging friends can post our videos for us, which means that if you really want to see my video you'll have to go hunting for today's post on Christina in Wonderland. (Please be too lazy. I look like a smurf and I sound like a chipmunk. It's out childhoods coming back to haunt us all.)

Once Matt from Normally I Wouldn't Say This But sends me his YouTube link then I will be posting his video and hopefully a little about the guy. I'm overflowing with anticipation.

By the way, look forward to this on the tenth of each month. We'll just go ahead and call this my New Years resolution.

3 comments:

  1. now that's just an awesome idea!

    you are just all over the blog thing these days aren't you? you are putting me to serious shame. i shall get my butt in gear pronto...

    loved the song choice, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's a little ridiculous. But other than the 365-blog, my posting will probably decrease to 2-3 days a week once my work schedule picks up. I just have FAR too much time on my hands right now so I've been putting it into the creative sphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jimmie!
    Real quick note, I wanted you to know I have linked your site up to a Stylish Blogger award on my site: texagermanadian.blogspot.com! I am not sure if you have been nominated for this award before, but I thought you needed to be shared with my readers. Thanks for all the entertainment and fun stories from Prague :)

    ReplyDelete

Have any thoughts on this post? Let me hear it!