Sunday, March 27, 2011

Livin' It Up

It's been insanity around here.


Last week was Spring Break for my post-secondary students, so I didn't have to teach their class all week. On top of that a couple of my other classes took holiday or rescheduled, so I basically had a bit of extra time to myself. This was honestly a good thing. 


It would surprise you how quickly you can burn out doing this job. There's a reason schools have breaks every couple of months and it's not for the students.


Point: I had no classes on Friday, March 18. 



Well fancy that. Thursday was St. Patty's Day, so of course we made a night of it. One in which I didn't make it into bed until after 5 a.m. 


Friday I felt like death but kept my promise to meet up with a couple of my students at The PUB. 


See, I'm making Czech friends!
The PUB is the place I've told you about before that has the taps directly on the table. They also tally each half-liter poured from the tap at your table and score it against other tables internationally.


Let's just say that when we got there Berlin was way ahead of everyone, but by the end of the night (eight hours later) we won. Big time.


By Saturday I was exhausted but some how I got talked into another night out because John's friend was in town. I drank infinitely less but it was another crazy night. I actually saw the sun come up that night. 




(Hmm, I see an unhealthy trend rising.)


I definitely paid for it during the week though. Luckily, every other person I know also felt like death on Monday so I didn't feel too bad for my bender weekend. 


Hey, a girl's gotta have fun now and then right?


Well then this weekend showed up... and the bender continued. Two more 5 a.m. returns to my bed. Although I hardly drank this weekend. It was more just the staying out late. 


So basically what I'm saying is I may or may not need help with a liver transplant sometime soon. That is if the sleep deprivation doesn't get to me first.


Next weekend has got to be chill. I need to recharge my batteries for the following weekend which involves three birthdays. I'm too old for this.


P.S. We finally "Sprung Forward" so we're back on a 7-hour time difference with Texas and a 9-hour difference with the West Coast. <3

1 comment:

  1. Haha, crazy lady! I am glad you got a break from school, no joke on the burn out. Way to make the most out of your time off!

    ReplyDelete

Have any thoughts on this post? Let me hear it!