Friday, August 14, 2009

Um, where's my scooter?

Yes, my friends, my (er, Tess' that I'm borrowing) scooter got towed today.

I had to teach at a school that's downtown today and it can be really difficult to park there. I usually park around the corner next to the library, but all those spots were taken. So, of course, I parked on the sidewalk in front of the bank.

Apparently you can't do that.

I went out three hours later to get some food and happened to walk in the direction of my scooter. I noticed it wasn't there and I was just like, "Well that sucks."

Luckily, it didn't take too much to get it back. Since I knew Tess' name and I figured she had probably registered the scooter address at the dorm, I was able to give them enough information to get it back since I told them she's in Canada right now.

Of course, someone helped me. I never would have been able to take care of that by myself. That's so much Chinese and finding the place.

Otherwise, we prepared for our News Camp demo today. It's going to be next Friday. One of the kids is in Malaysia and won't be here and the two kids that never do anything might not come either. I don't know.

So I'm essentially making my demo schedule as if I'm only going to have four kids. This is going to be ridiculous.

Oh well, it's my second demo ever (my first demo is on Monday in my red book class) and they didn't exactly give us any information about what the heck they wanted us to do.

My kids are doing self introductions, reading two stories each and acting in three commercials. It's going to be insane, but at least the kids I have left are really super smart kids.

After my towing crisis I had my new yellow book class, which is actually a class I've been subbing for a couple of weeks now. Apparently we have a test in there in two weeks. The mom that always sits in the back was asking a bunch of questions about what will be on the test.

I went to the Night Market on my way home.

I was totally paranoid that I was going to get the scooter towed again (because that's my sort of luck).

I bought these super cute car-croc shoes for my nephew's first birthday that's coming up.

And I finally decided to branch out and get some actual Taiwanese (Chinese?) food.


These dumplings were only $50NT (about $1.50 USD) and they're SO good and filling. You can't beat meals this good and this cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on this post? Let me hear it!