Thursday, June 25, 2009

What color are your eyes?

My sleep schedule is all messed up.

I stayed up until 5 a.m. last night (this morning?). A bunch of us played Texas Hold 'em. I won (REPRESENT)! Then Ray and I watched movies and just talked a lot. Next thing I knew it was 4:45 and I already regretted staying up so late (early?).

So, of course, I didn't wake up until around one o' clock this afternoon. It sucks because sleeping that late means I don't really get much done before class. I have to rush just to take a shower, get ready, find some food and do all my lesson plans before heading off to class.

It's not like I even have anything I need to do, but I want to run around, get used to the neighborhood and go exploring. Also, I'm leaving myself zero time to read and one of my goals was to give myself more time for leisurely reading now that I'm out of college and don't have to read textbooks anymore.

I still read a lot of the news back home though. I've found it difficult to make myself read Taiwanese news though. I suppose I should start reading the Taipei Times or China Post. It would only make sense for me to know what's going on in my corner of the world. I love knowing what's going on halfway around the world too, but I should probably be aware of the local stories.

Today the Q and A in one of my classes was, "What color are your eyes."

It's hilarious because all of the kids have brown eyes. Most of them have REALLY dark brown eyes, though, and they all wanted to say they have black eyes. I had to explain to them that their eyes are "dark brown" not "black."

"The little spot in the middle of your eye is black. The rest of your eye is dark brown. Everyone say dark brown."

This job requires speech with a lot of emphasis.

It was adorable though. I got to this one kid and I asked him the question and he answered, "My eyes are blue!"

Me: "Your eyes aren't blue! My eyes are blue!"

It was good times though. We giggled a lot in that class. Actually, we giggled a lot in both of my classes today. The kids were fun and receptive to my games and we were all just generally in good moods.

We played Teacher Says in my first class. I definitely had them patting their heads and rubbing their tummies at the same time. Have 14 five-year-olds do that while hopping on one foot and you can't help but roll over laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on this post? Let me hear it!