Monday, September 26, 2011

Life is Like a Rollercoaster

All summer, and especially this last month, has been an absolute carnival ride. 

Everything has been happening so quickly that I haven't really had time to soak it all in. There was my visit from Ricky. Then traveling with my sister which included whirlwind tours of Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest

Then there was another quick weekend 'on the cottage' (as the Czechs like to say) with some friends and a raging good time for Prague's first Pride weekend

Next thing I knew, August was nearly over, my class schedule was changing weekly as my students were taking last minute holidays, I got a new roommate and it was bloody hot outside so we had a water fight. What else do you do when it's more than 30°C?

The anniversary of my first landing in Prague came and went and one of the members of my little, close-knit group of friends went back home to California

Now all of a sudden it's officially Autumn again (seriously my new favorite season). It's nearly October and my new regular class schedule is starting to settle in. Boy, is it going to be a busy one. I'm looking at three early mornings each week and lots of late evenings.

It'll be worth it in the end.


I've already started my new post-secondary class. I'm teaching 16 Pre-intermediate level students. Sixteen!

It's a big class but so far so good. Hopefully I'll manage to get them to stop speaking so much Czech, but otherwise I'm really happy with their performance. Week 1 is over, we've completed the test for the first unit of our textbook and I was happily surprised by their grades.

Luckily this Autumn won't be all work and no play.

I am looking forward to the last weekend in October when I am going to take a long weekend trip to Krakow, Poland with several of my friends (a group of six of us).

We get back Monday, Oct. 31 and that Friday one of my closest friends from college is coming to visit and we're going to Paris

Alright, Autumn. Let's do this.


<3
— J


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on this post? Let me hear it!