Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Austin in the Mail

Austin arrived in the mail today.

That my friends was totally worth the two hours and four queues of Česká pošta bureaucracy as well as the 96kc duty and VAT charges. You'll notice: 
  • a map of Texas (To go on my wall) 
  • Starbucks instant coffee (Just in case) 
  • not one, not two, but three bags of Reese's
  • two jars of Austin Grand-Prize Peach Salsa (Only the best peach salsa on earth and it the jar I brought with me was gone in two weeks...)
  • two bags of black beans (Oh how I've missed thee!)
  • a bag of pinto beans (I hated these when I was a kid. Oh how things have changed.)
  • My favorite Austin skyline Starbucks mug which I forgot to pack and I'm happy to have again. (Zuzka, the horsie mug is all yours now.)
  • a vegetable peeler (because apparently the Czechs don't believe in vegetable peelers that work)
  • J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye
  • Ayn Rand's We The Living
  • Tom Robbins' Still Life With Woodpecker (Hooray! Books!
Be jealous.

Oh my goodness. Best. Day. Ever. I <3 my mom and dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on this post? Let me hear it!