Monday, August 15, 2011

Lazy Summer

Things have been awfully slow around here. For those of you who know me well, you know that when I don't have pressing concerns, I get unmotivated in basically all areas of my life. 


I've been working somewhere between 8 and 15 (if I'm lucky) hours per week. That and with at least one of my friends on holiday each week (if not more) and all our schedules being different, it's difficult to get folks together.  With hardly any reason to get out of bed and with my job feeling more like a quick errand to run only a few days per week, I've been spending a lot of time doing a whole lot of nothing.


Stupid, I know. 



Now that there's another month-ish left of summer (regular classes won't start again until the middle or end of September) I've realized that I should be taking advantage of this extra time to explore. 


Of course, then there's the broke factor. (Where the $$$ at?!?)


That said. I promise that with the extra time I have I will get up off my ass and start exploring Prague and the nearby areas. For instance, this Friday I have no classes. 


None. At all. 


Perhaps I'll (finally) take a day trip to Karlštejn since I still haven't managed to get around to that. It has occurred to me that once Autumn sets in there will be slightly less incentive to spend a lot of time outdoors and Winter will be right on its tail and send me (and most of my friends) into near hibernation. 


Anyhow, check out the back entries to see highlights from my Sister-cation. (Sister vacation for those of you unversed in my tendency to create words.) 


We hung around Prague.


We traipsed around in the rain in Vienna.


We strolled around Bratislava.


And we let loose at the spas in Budapest


Also, look forward to a post about another weekend trip to Josefův Důl with friends. (For the last trip, read here.)  Also, the first ever Pride festival weekend in Prague. 



<3
— J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on this post? Let me hear it!