Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Blerg... and a new blog

It's been a really long day and I still can't get to sleep. 

I crashed at my friend's house last night and then woke up this morning to take her to pick up her car from the mechanic (only so she could take it to the dealer so the repairs would be covered under warranty, guh). 

I stopped by the apartment and changed clothes and made myself slightly more presentable and less "walk of shame-y" and then went to Cedar Park to the hospital where my mother had had a routine surgery that morning. 

It was planned and she's actually been looking forward to it so no worries here. 

It was slightly frustrating though because they told us she'd be moved into her room at around 1:30 p.m. She didn't get into her room into 4 p.m. and no one would tell us why. They just kept telling us it would be really soon.

Little did we know it was because she was having some blood pressure issues and they wanted to keep an eye on her.

Gee, I'd like to know stuff like that when it involves a member of my family. Maybe I'm just weird like that. 

Anyway, I stayed another four hours at the hospital closely watching the monitors and quizzing the staff about what was going on and what to expect. I feel informed and OK about it. 

After awhile though it became apparent that the morphine pump they installed was doing its job and keeping her in a proper state of snoring so I left. 

I hate hospitals, but I suppose most people do.

On a lighter note, I'm not generally one for New Years' resolutions (because I fail miserably at them) but I have decided on one that I think shouldn't be too difficult to keep.

As you all know, I'm a shutterbug. I love to take pictures and honestly when you live a life as charmed as mine your photographic opportunities increase exponentially. 

So I'm starting a Project 365. 

(Uhm, what the heck is that?)

For those of you who have been living under a rock (like me until about a month ago) a Project 365 is basically a photo blog where you post a picture per day each day for an entire year. 

Mine starts 1/1/11 and you can find it over at the aptly titled Eyes of a Traveling Texan.

I still have a couple of days before things get clicking (see what I did there?) but I am taking suggestions for now. Let me know your thoughts and suggestions!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Sounds like an awesome project- good luck with it! :)

    xo,
    Casey
    www.blondebargainbabe.com

    PS- You should sign up for my $10 Groupon Gift Certificate Giveaway if you have not yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, small world! I'm from Leander!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your mom, she will be in my thoughts!

    www.travel-babbles.com
    www.ky-365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Have any thoughts on this post? Let me hear it!