Saturday, April 17, 2010

When are you absent-minded?

The past week has been insane.

Saturday night we went out for Angela's birthday. Of course we went to our usual club — Search — but this time Angela reserved tables. That put a nice twist on things and we all had a blast. (Except for when that super creepy Taiwanese guy kept following me around the dance floor and literally tried to kiss me at one point...)

Every time we go to this beach we go all the way down to this old war bunker to set up camp.

Then Sunday we went to the beach to play tag football and beach volleyball and grill some burgers for Jon's birthday. It was a really good weekend.

Late that night I found out I would in fact be subbing a class for a friend of a friend of a friend for the next three weeks. (Complicated enough for you?) Finding out last minute kind of threw me off, but I managed to wake up at 7 a.m. Monday morning and make the trek out there to meet some seriously adorable little ones. 

I get to hang out with these kids five days a week for three weeks and I get paid? Awesome. 

Unfortunately, my body totally hates me for it. My sleep schedule is already crazy enough but when you throw in split teaching shifts, things get rough.

I'm supplementing myself with mid-afternoon naps but it's hard to get high energy by the time I get to class. 

This, of course, is why I haven't written all week. I've thought about a million things to write but keep forgetting to do it or I'm just plain too tired to even both. That and my brain is totally working against me this week.

I've had chronic migraine headaches since I was about 12 or 13 years old. While I haven't had as many problems with them ever since I started learning how to manage my stress levels, this week I have been tormented by the same one all week. 

I've literally been waking up and going to sleep with the beast. It's not at all fun. 

I think it's maybe a combination of sleep deprivation, a sudden increase in my intake of both caffeine and (*shudder*) McDonald's and overall the sudden change in daily activities that's doing it.

Oh well, theoretically by the end of the three weeks of doing this I'll be pretty used to waking up so early. Already it's Saturday after the first week and the fact that I didn't have to wake up until 8 a.m. instead of 7 a.m. was an absolute blessing.

It's totally worth it though once you consider the fat wad of cash it's going to contribute to my future vacation plans (more on those later... much later). 

In other news — I seriously always hated it when I was an editor and my reporters would put that in their stories — We're down to a week and two days until my roommate Tess abandons us to go on a trip around Asia, then home, then to Europe for the Isle of White Music Festival and then back home to Canada just in time for her sister to have an adorable baby for her to play with. (No, I'm not jealous at all.)

We're trying to really do it up in this last stretch with her. There have been threats of finding some rope to tie her up so she can't leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on this post? Let me hear it!