Thursday, May 27, 2010

When are you busy?

So I definitely dropped a big bomb on you guys and then haven't been back since. I apologize, but in my defense, I've been working a lot.

I picked up a lot of extra hours and privates, so I've been working something like 40 hours a week — nearly double my usual schedule.
It'll be like this until I leave. Especially once the summer camps kick in. Those alone will add another 15 hours to my week.

It's a good thing, though, because by the time the end of the day rolls around I'm exhausted.

That and the other not-so-terrible side effect is that it'll pad my pockets nicely before I take off for my big trip and into the vast land of elective, temporary unemployment. Despite the fact that it is elective, the idea of being unemployed terrifies me.

This will be the first time since I got a job when I was 15 years old that I will go without a job. That's nine years, folks.

Back to teaching though, I've decided that I love teaching the really young kids. I picked up a private lesson with this little girl, Alice. She's four years old and immediately warmed up to me.

I basically get to simply read books to her, draw and play games with her. Next week we're going to go to the park. It's almost like being a kid again for an hour. It's so much fun.

Maybe I'll be a kindergarten teacher one day.

Probably my favorite thing that happened all week was when I walked into a classroom and one of my kids gasped and said, "Jin tian lao shr hen piao liang!"

Today, the teacher is very pretty! (Of course I'm not real sure why he qualified it with the word "Today" because I'm obviously always very pretty, hah.)

I didn't do anything special. I'm thinking it's because I was wearing my hair in pig tails so I looked more on his level. The little kids love it when I wear my hair in pig tails.

I realized I'm going to be super busy the next few weeks. I've been waking up just before 8 every day this week, and come Sunday it won't be any different. I'll actually be waking up earlier the next two Sundays because *cross my fingers* we're going diving!

Also, it's two weeks until Jade Mountain, so once I get my diving Sundays done with the following Sunday will be spent traveling to the mountain and hiking halfway up.

Then I only have another three weeks after that until I'm on a plane heading to Thailand for a mini-vacation with my big sister.

I can't wait to wear nothing but sundresses and bikinis and a BCD (Buoyancy Control Device, used for diving obviously).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on this post? Let me hear it!